Exit Learner Outcomes
A life-long learner is a person who…
- Analytically and objectively judges what is good, valuable, and true, and acts on those beliefs, values and judgements.
- Uses the latest advances in technology to access the wealth of cultural resources.
- Recognizes that culture is both deeply rooted in the past, yet ever-revolving.
- Analyzes, synthesizes, evaluates, and creates cultural messages effectively.
- Is aware of global dynamics and the role that culture plays in world politics.
- Understands, respects, and is actively involved in cultural traditions.
- Recognizes cultural achievements.
- Recognizes, understands, and appreciates the various cultures of the world.
- Recognizes and attempts to understand diverse points of view.
- Studies, appreciates, takes part in the arts, and participates in his/her cultural community.
- Works effectively in diverse settings and with diverse people.
- Chooses a culturally rich lifestyle based on deeply held personal beliefs and values.
- Technology has the power to make many cultural experiences available to everyone at any time.
- Growing technology will continue to diminish the demand for live performances.
- The world’s cultural diversity and richness must be embraced.
- Technology and globalization will combine to broaden cultural experiences and expose individuals to the diversity of our world.
- Diversity will continue in America – viewed as a problem by some, and as a strength by others.
- Technology will dramatically affect people’s awareness and knowledge of our world, and will allow cultures to see, share, and learn from one another.
- The United States will continue to be a contributor to global contemporary culture.
- Our world will continue to be culturally diverse and a culturally rich place in which to live.