Exit Learner Outcomes
A self-actualizing individual is a person who:
- Formulates, articulates, defends and applies a personal set of core values.
- Balances work, family, and personal time for a balanced and healthy lifestyle.
- Lives a healthy life that includes physical activity, good nutrition, relaxation, and spirituality.
- Adjusts and adapts to change, stress, adversity, and successes.
- Sets, pursues, and accomplishes personal goals.
- Accepts personal responsibility for his/her decisions.
- Seeks, reflects upon, and adjusts to feedback.
- Contributes to society and makes decisions with others in mind.
- Manages time and money, and other resources effectively and responsibly.
- Reflects upon and adapts to change, adversity and successes for continuous self-improvement.
- The speed of change is rapid, continuous, and impactful.
- Leaders and individuals will be expected to be future-focused visionaries.
- Our rapidly changing world will provide opportunity for creative and motivated individuals.
- Individuals will be faces with a steady stream of decisions, many impacting moral and ethical considerations.
- America in general, and the workplace in particular, will continue to become more diverse.
- Competence will be the new capital; knowledge will be power.
- Continuous advances in communication technology will significantly impact our personal life.
- An increased awareness of one’s personal responsibility for a healthy, balanced lifestyle will become even more important.
- Personal empowerment will be achieved through identification and development of self-awareness and discipline to overcome obstacles.
- Relationships will become more important as individuals encounter a more competitive and complicated environment beyond self.
- Much of what we hear and read may be biased and/or inaccurate and must be researched for validity.
- Expectations are that products and services will be customized for the individual.