Exit Learner Outcomes
An interactive communicator is a person who:
- Through enhances communication skills, builds and maintains lifelong connections.
- Creates and maintains open, honest, and healthy relationships.
- Embraces diversity and creates and maintains multi-cultural relationships.
- Values relationships and balances life’s commitments.
- Uses the internet and other communication technology to establish healthy, mutually satisfying personal and professional relationships.
- Is an effective team member and team leader… able to help groups resolve conflict, make decisions, and solve problems.
- Listens without becoming defensive, encourages and accepts feedback, and continues to build trust.
- Uses effective interpersonal communication skills – even when in stressful situations.
- Relationship-building skills and interpersonal communication skills have proven to be keys to success in nearly all aspects of life.
- Time, poverty, and stress tend to have a negative impact on relationships, especially family relationships.
- Ubiquitous, interactive technology will shape how we live, how we learn, how we see ourselves, and how we relate to the world.
- Increased awareness of gender/diversity issues will be critical to relationship building in a cohesive society.
- Time-management skill will be critical to building, maintaining, and sustaining meaningful relationships.
- The anywhere, anytime workplace will provide opportunities for additional relationships while those working from home may find fewer opportunities to create and build relationships.
- Much of today’s work in organizations is done in work teams,
- Rapid change, in our personal and work lives, causes many of our relationships to be short in duration.
- The aging of our population creates opportunities and challenges for families and relationships.
- Collaboration and cooperation will continues to be paramount to success.
- Relationships will lead to ingenuity and creativity and will allow the the individual to be inspired.